Storage Ideas within Your Home
A place for everything, and everything in its place – while that is an ideal thought for ways to organize your home, sometimes it is not always a reality. Instead, you may struggle with full closets, packed drawers, and beds literally cushioned off the floor from too much stuff. Sometimes the convenience of a nook or cranny quickly overwhelms your home. Using a little ingenuity can help you organize your rooms. You never know; your skills may leave you with a living room, kitchen, or mudroom that is worthy of a magazine spread!
To expand your organizational capacity, talk to us at 5A Rent-A-Space for a storage rental unit near San Mateo. You can easily fill your rented space with additional shelves to take decluttering to a whole new level. We offer many sizes and will even move your packed items in our free moving van.
6 Creative Storage Ideas for Your Home
Even if you do not have a lot of closet space, you can make the most of what you do have with these ideas:
- Create a command central. Use some space near the front door to make coming and going quick and efficient. For example, place key and coat hooks along the wall. You can even use an open shelving system with baskets and trays to hold mail and miscellaneous items like sunglasses.
- Fido needs his own station. Do you always misplace your pet’s leash? Does water leak across the floor? Find an area in the kitchen or mudroom where you can hang a leash and keep food and water bowls accessible for your pet but out of the way of human traffic jams.
- Hide items in pretty baskets or cloth bins. Put gloves, mittens, and scarves in a basket on a shelf. Tuck flashlights or compact umbrellas in a cloth bin. The idea is to hide those occasionally needed items in plain sight.
- Enlarge your cabinet’s capacity with stackable baskets. Organize your pantry or under your sink with baskets that stack. It’s a great way to store loaves of bread, onions, and potatoes.
- Make a coffee or tea station. If caffeine is your lifeline in the morning, why not put everything you need in one area to make things much easier in the morning? Store your cups, coffee, tea, filters, and sweeteners together.
- Rotate your seasonal items with a storage unit. When you cannot house everything, a storage rental unit can give you the space you need. Storing decorations or sports equipment off-site offers you the opportunity to get creative with what is left at home.
Make Your Abode More Functional with Creative Storage Ideas
Give your house or apartment in San Mateo a breath of fresh air when you declutter and organize with functional storage solutions. For those extra items you use only occasionally, choose a 5A Rent-A-Space unit. We have a variety of sizes to fit your needs so that you can keep your home better organized.
Reserve your self-storage unit online now. Call 5A Rent-A-Space at 650-338-0016 or toll-free at 1-800-5ASPACE (1-800-527-7223) to learn more. Not sure how much space you will need? Use our online Space Calculator to estimate the best unit size for you.