Many people struggle with clutter in their homes. Whether it is because of too many items collected over the years or a home with too little storage. Being overwhelmed with stuff produces a stressful environment. However you do not need to get rid of everything you own and live a minimalist lifestyle. Your home can remain clutter-free all year long if you store seasonal items in a rental unit.
As the seasons change from summer to fall to winter, you probably have clothing, blankets, throws, and sports gear that do not need to take up valuable real estate in your home. However, you will need those items in the coming months.
Safely and efficiently store clothing, yard tools, your grill, the kids’ inflatable pool, and other summer and fall items in 5A rental units near San Mateo, and get your house back!
Helpful Hints for Easy Storage in Your Rental Unit Near San Mateo
- Use Plastic Bins: Plastic bins are ideal for packing your things away. They seal tightly, preventing bugs and dust from getting inside. Additionally, moisture is unable to penetrate plastic and soak into your fabrics.
- Pack Neatly, But Not Too Tightly: When you over pack your boxes or totes, bulging can occur. If you under pack, then an avalanche of boxes may occur if the under packed one(s) are nearer the bottom of the stack, as the under-filled ones cannot hold up heavier ones.
- Label Your Boxes: Make it easier to find what you are looking for without digging through boxes when you clearly label boxes. Always stack the boxes or bins with the labels visible.
- Use Skids or Pallets as a Moisture Barrier: If you use cardboard boxes, remember that they absorb moisture. Once you put cardboard in direct contact with concrete, the cardboard can act as a wick and quickly allow moisture to seep into your belongings.
- Put Larger, Bulkier Items at the Bottom: Let your bulky items support your lighter-weight boxes and totes.
- Utilize a Shelving System: Shelves can offer an organized way not only to store your items but also to make it easier to circulate items between seasons.
Now you can breathe a sigh of relief after clearing the clutter, and easily rotate your seasonal items as required with the help of a rental storage unit:
Bring home the beauty of winter and gain a clutter-free home again when you use rental units near your San Mateo home. 5A Rent-A-Space has the extra space you need to give you the peace and relaxation you deserve in a spacious, neat home.
Reserve your self-storage unit onlineall 5A Rent-A-Space at 650-338-0016 or toll-free at 1-800-5ASPACE (1-800-522-7223) to learn more. Not sure how much space you will need for your items? Use our online Space Calculator to estimate the best unit size for you.