Begin the process of packing up your belongings by renting one of 5A Rent-A-Space storage units near Lamorinda. It can make the process of moving smoother and lighten some of the stress you are going through. We offer many sizes and will even move your items to your unit with our free moving van. Let us help you during this difficult time.
Suggestions to Keep Things Simple during this Emotional Time
Whether things are amicable or not with your ex, sorting and moving can be made a little easier when you set a plan in motion:
- Rent a Storage Unit: Start by finding a convenient storage space to move the items that you are going to keep. This will give you a landing pad. You can quickly put up shelves for boxes and then move furniture to the other side.
- Grab Your Supplies: Gather together boxes and totes, tape, scissors, and markers. This will help you as you box things up and help you find them easily when you need them. 5A Rent-A-Space sells many different packing supplies for wrapping and packing.
- Write a List: As you begin the process of separating your stuff, make a list of what you are keeping, storing, getting rid of. This may help in future court proceedings.
- Start by Separating Items with the Least Sentimental Value: You may find that sorting through the towels is much easier than picking out the photos you each want to keep! By starting with the least emotional items, you can practice practicality to prepare you for the more sensitive stuff.
- Keep the Clutter Down by Moving Items to Storage: Having boxes strewn across your marital home can add to your stress. By removing the filled, taped & labeled boxes to a storage unit near Lamorinda, you open up space to continue going through belongings.
- You Do Not Have to Go Through Everything Now: If the emotional upheaval becomes too much, choose to pack items in a box and mark it for later sorting. This will give you time to deal with your emotions during this difficult time.
- Stay Practical and Don’t Let Your Emotions Rule: This may be the hardest step to do, but it is imperative. Sometimes emotions can lead you to make poor decisions and can ruffle the feathers of your ex. Instead, calm negotiations can make the whole process much easier to handle.
Life can begin anew after a divorce. Take some time to move your items into a 5A Rent-A-Space unit and go through your belongings on your terms. We have several sizes of storage units to fit your needs. Let us help you with your fresh start.
Reserve your self-storage unit online now. Call 5A Rent-A-Space at 925-643-2024 or toll-free at 1-800-5ASPACE (1-800-527-7223) to learn more. Not sure how much space you will need? Use our online Space Calculator to estimate the best unit size for you.