With the right preparation and a unit from a trusted self-storage company in Moraga, your washer, dryer, refrigerator, and coffee pot can survive the relocation. It takes more than an empty space to tuck your items away. The right packing supplies, including sturdy boxes and quality packing tape, can make all the difference between setting up the house quickly and making an emergency purchase.
Safeguard Your Appliances at a Reputable Self-Storage Company in MoragaNo one wants to pull their belongings out of storage to discover that mold and mildew has ruined the rubber seal on their washer. Additionally, who wants to smell putrid rotting food remnants emanating from their fridge? Here are some tips to keep your appliances in tip-top shape for storage while saving you time and money, too:
- Clean, Clean, Clean: You do not want to open up a door and discover an unexpected science project growing! Take the time to scrub and clean every nook and cranny. Remove dust from compressors and grates. Remember, any food particles left behind will attract bugs.
- Start Early: Plan your packing so that you can unplug and defrost or dry appliances completely. Finish food and discard unwanted leftovers. Wash up all laundry. Then disconnect and leave doors open and hoses draining to dry. Coil the cords and tape to the appliance.
- Wrap Fragile Components: Use bubble wrap, blankets, or towels to wrap glass and other fragile pieces, so they do not break during the move.
- Tape Doors Shut: When it is time to move, tape all doors shut to prevent a sudden opening, as well as, scratches and dents.
- Open Doors: Once at your storage unit, remove the tape and open the doors to allow air flow and cut down on mildew forming.
- Take Extra Care with Small Appliances: If you have the original box of your coffee pot, toaster, or other small appliance, use it. If not, find a box that is close to its size. Coil up and tuck the electric cords securely. Use packing materials to keep parts from shifting and breaking.
Successfully Store Appliances – Use a Self-Storage Company in MoragaKeep your washer washing, your dryer drying, and your coffee pot perking when you take the necessary steps to protect your appliances. A 5A Rent-A-Space self-storage unit in Moraga can make stowing all your belongings a snap by moving you into your rented unit with our free van. Gain peace of mind knowing your belongings are tucked away and ready for your new home.
Reserve your self-storage unit online now. Call 5A Rent-A-Space at 925-643-2024 or toll-free at 1-800-5ASPACE (1-800-522-7223) to learn more. Not sure how much space you will need? Use our online Space Calculator to estimate the best unit size for you.