Monday, September 19, 2016
Thursday, August 18, 2016
You Can Enjoy Outdoor Fun Even with An Urban Lifestyle - Protect and Keep Your Outdoor Gear in a Storage Unit Near San Mateo
Just because you live in the city does not mean you cannot enjoy outdoor activities. You may not have the luxury of a backyard shed, a two-car garage or an attic to store all of your recreational equipment, but you can still enjoy outdoor adventures with friends and family. All it takes is a storage unit near San Mateo and you can get outdoors, have fun but still enjoy the urban lifestyle you love.
Put Your Outdoor Sports and Adventure Equipment in a Storage Unit at 5A Rent-a-Space
Whether you have camping equipment, kayaks, a canoe, fishing gear, snowboards and skis for the winter, or any other recreational items you can’t use within the city; you need a place to store them. Storage units for rent come in a variety of sizes, so you can find the one that works perfectly for your outdoor sports gear. In a self-storage unit, you can access them any time you want them, yet keep clutter at home to a minimum.
When you put your outdoor equipment into a self-storage unit near San Mateo, take the time to clean and organize it properly. That way, whether you decide to take it out again next weekend or won’t need it until next summer, it will be ready to use and you’ll spend less time getting prepared for your adventure. Your items will also last longer and you won’t have to invest in new equipment. Here are a few tips to help you store everything the right way:
· Boots – Wash your outdoor boots in warm water to remove the dirt. Do not use soap. Once they are thoroughly dry, seal the exterior using a waterproof treatment that is right for the type of material your boots are made of.
· Gas Stove – Disassemble the unit and clean all parts. Inspect the gaskets and O-rings, then lubricate with oil. Soak the needle and shaker jet in gas to remove the gunk and store away. Make sure you store all parts together so it’s easily reassembled for your next use.
· Backpack – Soak and scrub it in a large basin of soapy water. Rinse it with a hose and then hang it to dry. Make sure it is fully dried before you store it to avoid any mildew.
· Sleeping Bag – Most sleeping bags can be washed in your home’s washing machine using a gentle detergent. Dry it in a front-loading dryer and add tennis balls (these will help prevent the filling from clumping). Dry cleaners can also do a good job of cleaning it for you.
· Tents – Clean your tent well. Roll or fold and pack it in its carrying case. Wrap the tent pegs, struts and all parts together in strapping tape and either put them into the carrying case, or wrap them with the tent if you have no carrying case, so they’ll be readily accessible for your next camping trip.
· Hydration Bladder – Scrub it thoroughly with soapy water and then soak it in a diluted bleach solution to sanitize. Rinse clean and dry fully before storing.
· Lifejackets – Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs) or lifejackets absorb oil and sun block from your skin. Before putting them away into storage, make sure you clean them with a mild solution of liquid laundry detergent and water, using a soft-bristled brush. Ensure they are completely dry before you pack them away until the next season.
· Bicycles – Clean your bike well; make sure dirt is removed from all its parts. Grease the gear chains and gear sprockets. Wipe down any leather parts, like the seats, handles or saddle bags with a light oil and wipe off the excess. Once in the storage unit, you can place the bike in a rack designed for it, or you can hang it by the tires from large hooks from the ceiling beams, if your unit has them. Place your helmet with the bike so it is easily accessible next time you want to ride.
5A Rent-A-Space helps you enjoy your urban and outdoor love of adventure. Not sure how to pack and store all your equipment and gear? Review our FAQs and see what our experts have to say.
Are you ready to rent? Contact 5A Rent-A-Space in Foster City at (650) 338-0016 today to find the perfect storage unit near San Mateo, CA. Reserve your unit online now and free up your apartment or urban home’s storage space. If you are unsure of how much space you will need, use this quick “Space Calculator” to get an estimate.
New Baby Arrive Soon? Get Your Home Ready! - Put Your Extra Stuff in a Storage Rental Unit Near San Mateo
Babies are small and cuddly, but they can take up a surprising amount of space in your home. From cribs to swings, high chairs, bouncy chairs, strollers, tricycles, wagons, play mats, changing tables, toys, and more; it is challenging to make room for everything your new bundle of joy needs to be comfortable. If you are getting ready to welcome your first baby, you may need to de-clutter and make space for all of baby’s stuff. While you are going through this process, use the opportunity to get fully organized. That way, you are prepared for your little one and will have the time to enjoy parenting rather than stress over finding what you need, when you need it.
Store and Secure Your Extra Belongings in a Storage Rental Unit Near San Mateo
If you are clearing out a room to transform it into baby’s nursery, you may not have adequate space in your home to store the items from that room. Renting a storage unit near your home in San Mateo is a convenient and affordable solution! You can store boxes of clothes, books, toys and furniture. If you have an older child at home who has outgrown a lot of things, these can be stored for the new baby as he or she grows into needing them. By keeping all of these in storage, you can easily access the items whenever you need them.
While you are clearing out, organizing and getting ready for your bundle of joy, here are a few other steps you should take to prepare for the baby’s arrival:
· Wash Everything – Even if it is brand new, it still needs a good washing before baby can use it. Wash all clothes, blankets, linens, burp cloths, diapers (if you are using cloth ones), and towels in the washing machine using a sensitive formula soap.
· Clean Your House – When the new baby arrives, you will not have time or the energy to do extensive cleaning, so do it before hand. If you cannot manage it by yourself, hire a professional agency to come in and give it a deep clean. You’ll be so glad you did!
· Stock Up on Essentials – Make sure you have enough of all the essentials for your kitchen, personal care and bathroom, including food that does not expire quickly, diapers, formula, medicines, baby’s and your own personal hygiene items, and any other baby item you will need for at least the first month.
5A Rent-A-Space has a variety of rental units that can comfortably fit your extra furniture, boxes, bedding, clothes, and more. Regardless of how much stuff you need to move out to prepare for baby, we have the storage solutions to help. Look at our online resources to get expert packing tips so that you can maximize the space in your rental storage unit. 5A’s website has a link to additional ideas to assist you and your family in getting and staying organized: http://www.5aspace.com/pdf/Organizer.pdf
Contact 5A Rent-A-Space in Foster City at (650) 338-0016 today to find the perfect storage rental unit near San Mateo, CA. Reserve your unit online now and move your excess furniture and boxes to make space for the new addition in your family. If you are unsure of how much space you will need, use this quick “Space Calculator” to get an estimate.
Monday, August 8, 2016
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
Wednesday, July 13, 2016
- 689 appliances including refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, washers, dryers, etc.
- 72,960 pounds of scrap metal
- 1,888 pieces of E-waste including televisions, computers, monitors, etc. (thanks to 5A for handling all E-waste)
- 27,288 pounds of "traditional" recyclables including paper, plastic, glass, aluminum, etc.
- 4,925 household batteries and 132 vehicle batteries
- 235 vehicle tires