The Definitive Guide to Packing Tips for a Quick Move
Top Packing Tips for a Successful Move
Moving can be a stressful time and it is important to have everything organized. Here are some tips on how to pack your items in the most efficient way.
- Pack clothes in plastic bags so they don't get dirty or wet. Use them as you go along packing, then seal them up and label the bag with the date you packed it, what is inside, and where it goes in your new home.
- Use boxes for heavy items that you may need to transport like books, dishes or furniture. Label each box with its contents so that you know what is inside when unpacking at your new home.
- Try not to overstuff boxes with heavy items because this will make them difficult to move around and can cause unnecessary damage during transit.
Top 3 Packing Mistakes You're Probably Making that Cost You Time and Money!
There are many things to think about and plan for when packing. Here are the top 3 mistakes that people make when packing for a move:
- Not planning ahead
- One of the most common mistakes that is made when packing is not considering the space that you will be moving into in the future. Are you sizing up? Sizing down? Depending on this, you may need to take some time to plan out how your new space will accommodate the stuff you currently have. If you feel like you have too much, then a storage space would be a great temporary solution.
- Not checking the weather forecast
- Moving in inclement weather is something that no one should be forced to do. So if at all possible, make sure that the day of your move is as temperate as it can be.
- Bringing too much stuff with them
- Moving is a perfect opportunity to take a good, hard look at your stuff and determine whether or not you really need it. A lot of the time, that decision is not quite so simple. So for anything in between something you would use daily and something that you would never use, consider a storage unit to keep it safe for when that time comes.
Packing Mistakes You Definitely Shouldn't Make in Your New Home!
When you are planning to move into a new home, you want everything to be perfect. The last thing you want is to find out that there are packing mistakes that you should have avoided.
The following is a list of the most common unpacking mistakes that people make when they move into their new homes:
- Not labeling boxes before moving them in: This will make it difficult for you and your family members to find things when moving in or out of the house.
- Putting all your boxes together: This can lead to confusion and frustration because it will be hard for everyone to find what they need.
- Putting too many things in one room: This can put pressure on the walls and floor which can cause damage over time.
- Moving furniture without help: You may not know how much weight your furniture can support, so it's best if someone helps you with this task.
Where to Turn When Packing Seems Overwhelming
Packing up and moving is a complicated process for anyone. So when the time comes for you to move your stuff and you could use a little more breathing room, consider a storage space with us at 5A. Even a short term rental can give you some more time to decide what you truly want to keep.