Spring Allergies Can Intensify in Your Home!
The allergy season is tough on sufferers. While Mother Nature is bringing trees and flowers back into bloom, many people live with stuffy noses and watery eyes throughout spring. They may have to deal with regular shots or over-the-counter medicines to gain relief. Their homes can make matters worse when there is a lot of clutter and little dusting. Spring cleaning is one way to combat your symptoms and give you a little relief. De-cluttering is a great start, as well.
You can remove the potential for dust collection when you minimize the amount of stuff in your home. You don’t have to throw it all out either. Choose storage rentals near Foster City and breathe easier this allergy season. We can even help the process by moving your stuff to your new storage space with our free moving van when you rent from us.
6 Suggestions to Ease Spring Allergies
Here are more steps to make breathing much more comfortable in your home:
- Develop a cleaning schedule: A simple step is to establish routines that will keep your home clean all year long and decrease the amount of dust and mold that builds up. Staying on top of cleaning can make your home a pleasant oasis from the outside allergens.
- Vacuum regularly: Instead of using a broom, which picks up more dust than it removes, break out the vacuum at least twice a week. Remember to use the attachments as well, to sweep your furniture, baseboards and under things. This routine will help keep the allergens at bay.
- Dust at least weekly: Ideally, you will want to use microfiber cloths that pick up all the dust particles, pet hair, dander, and pollen that came in on your clothes and shoes. The fibers are like time suction cups that will pick up the dust instead of spreading it.
- Wash your bedding once a week: All sorts of allergens can creep into your bed because of pets and what blows around in the air. Freshen up your bed by laundering your sheets once a week, vacuuming your comforter twice a week, and your mattress, monthly. If you own pets, you may want to increase the frequency.
- Take care of curtains and blinds: Window treatments are natural collectors. Use your vacuum attachments to sweep your curtains about once a month. If they are washable, you can launder them instead. Cleaning your blinds with a microfiber cloth will help keep the dust down as well.
- Do some spring organizing and de-clutter your home: Clutter makes it harder to do cleaning and dusting, which can add to breathing difficulties. Take some time to conduct a thorough de-cluttering and put your extra and seasonal items in a storage unit near Foster City.
You don’t have to suffer as much from allergies when you spring clean, put extra items in storage, and establish a regular cleaning routine. Our rental units make it easier to keep your belongings close without overrunning your home. Take charge of your home and your allergies and stop the suffering!
Reserve your self-storage unit online now. Call 5A Rent-A-Space at 650-338-0016 or toll-free at 1-800-5ASPACE (1-800-527-7223) to learn more. Not sure how much space you will need? Use our online Space Calculator to estimate the best unit size for you.