It’s time to get your home ready for the holiday season by pulling out the decorations and putting away any items you don’t need for a few months. For many, this may result in a tug-of-war with mounds of tennis rackets, clothes, and totes. If your closet is packed full, you know that getting the Christmas tree out could be challenging. Instead of dreading decorating, why not take this time to conduct some decluttering while you put up the mistletoe? Not only will your home be inviting for the holidays, but it can look great well into the New Year.
Organizing and decluttering is simple when you choose to rent a self-storage unit near Lafayette from 5A Rent-A-Space. Our spaces are ready to hold your seasonal and rarely used items so that your home can be a welcoming and inviting place for family and friends year-round. Check us out today.
Easy Ideas for Holiday Organizing
You can get your house ready for the family to visit you, including Grandma coming for a visit from the retirement home. Here are a few solutions that can help you get prepared and declutter:
- Storage Chest: You can use a wooden storage chest in your living room to tuck away extra books, throw blankets, and family games.
- Storage Ottoman: These handy pieces of furniture double as a footstool and storage unit. Get additional seating, too, when you add this to your room.
- Garden Bench: Use an outdoor bench for your garden snips and to sit down while you remove your shoes outside.
- Pretty Baskets: Display your guest towels in cute baskets on your bathroom counter or nail the basket to the wall.
- Hanging Pot Rack: Free up space in your cabinets when you display your cooking pots using a pot rack.
- Small Bookcase: Display your favorite books and décor using a small shelving system.
- Laundry Room Cabinets: If you have the room, put up cabinets in your laundry room and use it to store detergents, simple tool kits, rarely used bulky, small kitchen appliances.
- Ceiling Storage: The garage is probably the most common place for storage. Put seasonal storage in systems that slide in and out at the ceiling level.
- Rent a Self-Storage Unit: There will always be items that require more space than you have available. When that happens, a self-storage unit is an ideal solution. You can tuck away those bulky seasonal items that hold you back from an enjoyable, clutter-free home.
Ensure you have plenty of space for decorating and visiting family when you utilize home storage solutions that blend, complement, and boost your décor. For everything that you don’t need over the holidays, rent a self-storage unit from 5A Rent-A-Space. Mom, Dad, and Grandma will be much more comfortable in a decluttered home with room to move about. We have a variety of sizes to meet your needs.
Reserve your self-storage unit online now. Call 5A Rent-A-Space at 925-643-2024 or toll-free at 1-800-5ASPACE (1-800-527-7223) to learn more. Not sure how much space you will need? Use our online Space Calculator to estimate the best unit size for you.