New Home Construction Delayed? Don't Stress!
The excitement of moving into a newly constructed or renovated home can quickly be overwhelmed by the stress of a delay. No amount of pre-planning removes all the chances that something can go wrong. Your builders may not deliver on their commitment to having construction completed on a particular day. Your lender may delay the closing because of a missing signature or document.
Don't stress if things go awry. There is always a solution to be found. One of them is to utilize a 5A Rent-A-Space storage unit near Lafayette. We have a variety of sizes and leasing terms to keep your stuff out of the way but not out of mind. We even offer the services of our free moving van when you rent from us. Get things buttoned up nicely while you wait to move into your home.
5 Tips to Keep the Progress Going (and Stress Less); Even with a Delay
As closing day approaches or your new renovation is nearing completion but faces a delay, keep these suggestions in mind to keep things moving and reduce your stress:
- Accept that having a stress-free movie is not possible: Hiccups happen, but you can be prepared for many possibilities and handle them easily. Think about what might happen and consider alternatives to keep things progressing.
- Be ready to book a hotel room: If you have to be out of your apartment or old home on a specific date, but your new home is not ready, staying in a hotel can help. Look for something in your budget and enjoy sleeping in a bed versus on a friend's couch.
- Rent a storage unit: Nothing adds to the stress of a move than not having a place to put your stuff. When things don't go as smoothly as you like, knowing your belongings are in one central location can alleviate some of the frustration you are experiencing.
- Try to keep a positive attitude: Things can quickly escalate out of control if you start feeling depressed or you become short-tempered. Others may take their cue from you, resulting in arguments and frustration. Remember that this is only for a short time and try to stay positive.
- When you do get into your new home, start in the bathroom: After the frustration and waiting, you may want to dig in and get everything unpacked. Try to take it one step at a time and start with the bathrooms. No one wants to answer Nature's call and discover they have no toilet paper!
Ease the Stress of a Delayed Move with a Storage Unit from 5A Rent-A-Space
Plan as much as you can for possible problems and then rent a storage unit from 5A Rent-A-Space. You can store your items while you wait to get into (or back into) your home. We have a variety of sizes to accommodate your needs. We will even help transport your items with our free moving van. Enjoy this transition when you have Plan B in place.
Reserve your self-storage unit online now. Call 5A Rent-A-Space at 925-643-2024 or toll-free at 1-800-5ASPACE (1-800-527-7223) to learn more. Not sure how much space you will need? Use our online Space Calculator to estimate the best unit size for you.
Post a Comment