The reasons for starting a home-based business are many, including a 30-second commute, conference calls in your jammies, lunch in the kitchen with your kids, or freedom from office gossip. Growing to the point that your living room is now the conference room while your bedroom is your strategy room and your garage has become your warehouse is fantastic. However, busting out the seams in your tiny organization can bring with it the bittersweet realization of relocating your company. At some point, many small business owners discover they need to make some changes to their operations. That can often mean moving into a commercial office space.
Move into a new commercial office space with ease when you lease a 5A Rent-A-Space storage rental near Lafayette. Our units offer you the flexibility to store extra supplies, office furniture, among other things while you transition from your home. Once moved, keep your storage space for those items you don’t regularly need in your new office. Organizing was never easier than with a rental unit.
Hints that it is Time to Relocate Out of Your Home Office
The reasons to work from home are many and respectable, but what happens when things get a little too cramped? It might be time to relocate your business into a commercial office if you are experiencing the following:
- Continual Interruptions: If you face constant interruptions that impede your work, you may miss deadlines and lose both customers and revenue. An office away from home can help alleviate this. You may see an increase in productivity and income as well.
- Loneliness: Loneliness is a factor to consider, especially if you thrive on interaction with other humans.
- Business Growth: If you have outgrown your kitchen table, or you have started hiring employees, then it may be time to move.
Steps to Start the Moving Process
Once you decide it’s time to relocate your operations into a commercial space, consider these steps to ease the process:
- Find an Ideal Location: It may be obvious, but some business owners are under stress to get out of their cramped home quarters and end up singing the first lease possible. You will want a location that fits the needs of your business. If you have frequent customers dropping by, you may need to consider places with easy accessibility for them.
- Factor in the Additional Costs: You will now have to pay renty to a landlord and purchase additional insurance, and possibly, permits to operate. You may be locked into a one year lease, so thing about how that affects your bottom line.
- Consider Size: You need the right size to accommodate your equipment and employees, as well as potential future growth. A storage rental can help offset a perfect location with limited storage space.
Move Out of Your Home Office with Confidence, and Storage Rental Near Lafayette
Embrace the growth that success brings. Move to a commercial space with confidence when you utilize a rented storage unit near your new office. The staff at 5A Rent-A-Space is ready to help you find the size you need, while our free moving van eases the burden of transitioning.Reserve your self-storage unit online now. Call 5A Rent-A-Space at 925-643-2024 or toll-free at 1-800-5ASPACE (1-800-527-7223) to learn more. Not sure how much space you will need? Use our online Space Calculator to estimate the best unit size for you.