Nothing Says “I Love You” Like Freeing Up Space for Loved Ones —Consider A Storage Rental Near San Mateo
February is the month of love. The holidays and all the additional festivities are done. New Year’s Resolutions have been made (and possibly broken). By the time February rolls around, many of our thoughts turn to those diaper-wearing, winged cherubs. What are the origins of St. Valentine’s Day, and why do Americans across the country open up their wallets to buy flowers and candy to show their love?
When you sort through your belongings while decluttering and preparing your items for your storage rental, do you reminisce about the history behind them? For example, does the delicate teapot your great-grandmother brought over from England have memories of her courting days? Taking in a history lesson can be fun. The team at 5A Rent-A-Space near San Mateo can help you store your personal items after your trip down memory lane. We can even help by moving your stuff with our free moving van when you rent from us.
Fun Facts about St. Valentine’s Day
With spring just around the corner, nothing tells those around you that you love them like taking time to tidy up and declutter your home. In honor of the love month, here are some fun facts about Valentine’s Day you may not know:
- The Inspiration for the Holiday May Have Originated from Two Different Men. St. Valentine was a real person; however, his true identity is unknown. One version maintains that he was a temple priest who was beheaded by Claudius II. The other account says he was Bishop of Terni who was also martyred by Claudius II.
- There Are Approximately 13 St. Valentines. Valentinus was a popular name in the second and eighth centuries A.D. In checking the Catholic Church’s official roster of saints, it shows about a dozen variations of Valentine including a Pope that served about 40 days around A.D. 827.
- St. Valentine Is a Patron Saint of Many Things. A saint’s work is never done, even in the afterlife. St. Valentine watches over the lives of lovers, plagues, fainting, traveling, engaged couples, and marriages.
- A Poet May Have Invented the Holiday. The medieval English poet Geoffrey Chaucer wrote a poem around 1375 called “Parliament of Foules” tying courtly love with the St. Valentine’s feast day.
- Celebrating Love is Not Just in February. Since there are so many St. Valentines on the roster, you can choose what day you would like to celebrate. For example:
- November 3rd – St. Valentine of Viterbo
- January 7th – St. Valentine of Raetia
- July 25th – St. Valentine (Valentina)
- July 6 and 30th – Eastern Orthodox observations
Free Up Space for Your Loved Ones with a Storage Rental Near San Mateo
Ready to share your love with a clean and tidy home? When you rent a storage unit from 5A Rent-A-Space, you can clear out closets and clean out your garage. Do you have children finally leaving the nest and want to free up space? We’re giving away a free Valentine’s Day gift from now until February 14th while supplies last. You can get 25% off select units for three months, but there’s limited availability, so book fast!
Reserve your self-storage unit online now. Call 5A Rent-A-Space at 650-338-0016 or toll-free at 1-800-5ASPACE (1-800-527-7223) to learn more. Remember to ask about our free moving van! Not sure how much space you will need? Use our online Space Calculator to estimate the best unit size for you.