February Is the Month of Purification, Start at Home —Rent Self-Storage Units Near Lafayette, California
February Is the Month of Purification, Start at Home
—Rent Self-Storage Units Near Lafayette, California
A common California tradition is to find out when the desert turtle, Mojave Maxine will emerge from her slumber to signal the start of spring. No matter whether we believe this folklore or not, we often start getting Spring Fever in early February. In just six weeks, flowers will begin blossoming and trees will burst forth their new leaves. Everything will be taking on a vibrant, cheerful look. What about your home? Have the weeks of cooler temperatures left you in need of a clear out?
Spring is a typical time to break out the cleaners and declutter those closets. February is a great time to start, especially since the name literally means “Day of Purification”! When you need additional room to stow away those seasonal items, rent a self-storage unit near your Lafayette, California home. 5A Rent-A-Space is conveniently located so that you can retrieve your belongings anytime you need them. We can even help you move in with the use of our free moving van.
7 Tips to Make Spring Cleaning Faster
Not sure where to start? Are you concerned that your spring cleaning will take too long? Utilize some of these tips to make things go faster:
- Doormat – The First Line of Defense: Welcome your guests and stop extra dirt from tracking in your home when you clean your doormat.
- Move on to Your Upholstery and Carpets: The fabric on your couch and the carpet under your feet take a lot of abuse. When using a shampooer, remember to use it first on a hidden area to make sure that the dyes do not bleed.
- Finish Floors: If you have wood floors or another type of flooring that is not carpet, take a moment to polish them up with the appropriate type of cleaner. You will enjoy years of continued use.
- Move on to Walls, Cabinets, Baseboards, and Woodwork: Dust clings to vertical surfaces just as quickly as it does horizontal ones. Use a sponge and gentle detergent to wash surfaces.
- Clean Off Ceiling Fixtures: While you are working up high, remember to dust off your ceiling fans and air conditioner vents.
- Wipe Out the Refrigerator: Now is a good time to wipe down the condenser coil found behind the toe grille. Dirt and dust can build up causing your appliance to overheat.
- Remove Extra Clutter: Spring cleaning would not be complete without a round of decluttering. Gather up some boxes or totes, trash bags, and markers, then head to your nearest closet to start purging.
Breathe a breath of fresh air when you declutter your home and use your convenient 5A Rent-A-Space self-storage unit near Lafayette. We have a variety of sizes to accommodate your needs so that you can enjoy your home this spring season.
Reserve your self-storage unit online now. Call 5A Rent-A-Space at 925-643-2024 or toll-free at 1-800-5ASPACE (1-800-527-7223) to learn more. Not sure how much space you will need? Use our online Space Calculator to estimate the best unit size for you.