Expert Tips to Pack and Move Your Outdoor Stuff
- AND a Free Moving Van Near San Mateo to Ease the Transition
Relocating to a new home or apartment requires much pre-planning to ease the transition. All your belongings must be sorted and packed up. Not to mention loading everything into moving trucks, vans, or personal vehicles. The inside stuff may be the easiest part of your move. Finding boxes and supplies for your books, dishes, and clothing is not too hard. Problems arise when you need to pack your outdoor furniture from the balcony, patio, or yard. How do you find a box for the kids’ swing set? Where will that huge garden urn fit? What about your collection of stone garden statues?
Even though your outdoor stuff is made to withstand the elements, it may not handle your move if done incorrectly. With some tips and tricks up your sleeve, reaching your destination without damaged goods will not be a hassle. Ease the burden of reassembling toys and furniture by renting a 5A Rent-A-Space self-storage unit near San Mateo. We will even help you move your stuff with our free moving van when you rent your space. You can get that pirate ship put up in the yard before mutiny occurs from your brood!
Tips to Pack and Move Your Outdoor Belongings Near San Mateo
When you are used to leaving your outdoor stuff outside in all weather, it is easy to think it can handle a move or storage without much preparation. Make the most of your valuable moving and storage space, not to mention protecting your investments, with these tips:
- Start by cleaning everything. Being in the great outdoors guarantees one thing, your belongings will be dirty. Take time to clean up your furniture, the toys, and garbage cans before transporting them. First, it will not transfer to your indoor items while moving, and second, you will have a fresh start to your new home. Be sure to dry any wet items. You do not want to invite mold by leaving moisture, especially if you are putting things into storage.
- Check for critters. While you are cleaning, be on the lookout for all sorts of creepy crawly creatures. What better shelter for spiders than your gorgeous wicker patio set? Other types from the animal kingdom may have taken up residence as well, so look for snakes, skunks, and raccoons. Use caution when searching but be sure to look.
- Disassemble and pack correctly. Avoid moving your patio chairs with the cushions still in place. Cover sharp edges with padding. Wrap up those fragile removable items, like a glass table top. When disassembling, put screws and bolts into baggies or containers and either attach them to a larger component or label them well.
- Dispose of hazardous items. Get rid of chemicals such as pesticides, paint cans, and oil. Drain the gas from lawn equipment, especially if storing these items. Additionally, remove the propane tank from your grill before transporting it.
Make Unpacking Easier with the Help of a Free Moving Van
Tackle those outdoor rooms easily by cleaning and inspecting your belongings. Make life less cluttered when you tuck away those less used items into a 5A Rent-A-Space self-storage unit near San Mateo. We will even move your things in for free upon rental. After the inside is all unpacked and ready to go, your convenient unit will be available to bring home the patio furniture.
Reserve your self-storage unit online now. Call 5A Rent-A-Space at 650-338-0016 or toll-free at 1-800-5ASPACE (1-800-527-7223) to learn more. Remember to ask about our free moving van! Not sure how much space you will need? Use our online Space Calculator to estimate the best unit size for you.