Make Moving this Fall Less Stressful
Many families move between May and September. Other families wait until fall and take advantage of lower prices and more flexible scheduling with moving companies. Whatever your reason is for relocating, it can still be stressful, but you don’t have to fret over packing up your belongings to trek across the city, state, or country. 5A Rent-A-Space can come to the rescue!
Choose to take steps to ensure you have a smoother moving process. Don’t forget to take advantage of a storage unit from 5A Rent-A-Space near Maui. We have a wide range of sizes to fit your needs and alleviate some of the stress that comes with packing up, moving and unpacking. We have a full selection of packing supplies and will even use our free moving truck to transport your belongings to your unit when you rent from us.
6 Ways to Ensure a Smooth Move this Fall Season
Gain peace of mind and confidence in your move when you follow these six suggestions:
1. Check Out Your Children’s New School: Your kids will probably be sad about leaving their friends and nervous about meeting new ones. Help lessen their anxiety by sitting with them and discussing how the move will work. Try to visit their new school if possible before they begin classes. Be sure to point out the exciting things in your new neighborhood as well so that they can start getting excited about the move. Remember that school systems may differ in their schedules; therefore, it helps to prepare ahead of time.
2. Clear the Travel Path of Debris: Loading and unloading your moving truck should be as smooth as possible. Take time to sweep up any debris between the front door and your vehicle. It will make it much safer and prevent having too much dirt tracked into your new home. Always have a clear path throughout your old and new home for moving the heavy furniture and all those boxes.
3. Contact Utility Companies Early: It may take a few days for your electricity to be switched on. If you work from home, you will want your internet up and ready as soon as possible. Reach out to the different utility companies and establish a service that will be readily available to you on moving day.
4. Cover Your Floors: Mud, sand, dirt, and other bits of gunk can get trapped in your rugs and carpets. Consider laying down plastic sheeting or cut open black trash bags and tape them down. This will help keep your new home cleaner and protect your floors.
5. Dress Comfortably: You will be lugging boxes all day long and sweating. Dress for comfort, including sturdy, non-skid shoes. Your aching body, particularly your feet, will thank you for it.
6. Rent a Storage Space: One way to make unpacking much easier on your whole family is to utilize a self-storage unit. Here, you can place little-used items and find them when you need them. If you are low on closet and storage space in your new home, then a rented storage unit can ease that burden.
5A Rent-A-Space Aids in Alleviating Fall Moving Woes!
Give you and your family the gift of a smooth move when you choose to store some of your items in a self-storage unit at 5A Rent-A-Space near Maui. Not only can you get assistance transporting your storage belongings with our moving truck, but you will enjoy easy access during convenient hours. Reach out to us today with all your packing and self-storage needs!
Reserve your self-storage unit online now. Call 5A Rent-A-Space at 808-745-1616 or toll-free at 1-800-5ASPACE (1-800-527-7223) to learn more. Not sure how much space you will need? Use our online Space Calculator to estimate the best unit size for you.