Use A Self-Storage Facility to Stage Your Home for Sale
One of the best ways to get more interest and money when your home is for sale is to set it up for success with staging. If you watch shows on cable television, you can get several ideas to help with the process, or you can hire a professional to step in and do the work for you. When done right, you can see a high return on your investment.
Make potential buyers clamor for the opportunity to place a bid on your house by creating an inviting space. Utilizing a self-storage facility near San Mateo can help. At 5A Rent-A-Space, we have the right size of unit to tuck back your stuff during the selling process. We can even move your belongings with our free moving van when you rent from us.
6 Tips to Free Up Space and Stage Your Home
Attract the right buyers for your real estate by following these tips and stage your house like the pros:
- Start by decluttering. Too many items crammed into rooms project an image that the home is small. Using a basement or garage is not the best option either. Instead, gather up all the extras and put them in a self-storage facility. This gives buyers an opportunity to see the full potential of your residence.
- Remove all personal items. Encourage house-seekers to envision the house as their own by taking out all those picture frames and other objects of sentimental value. Create a blank canvas for them to use their imagination.
- Lessen the amount of furniture. Do you still have that old, gold, crushed velvet couch from the 70s? Take it out! Is there a room that is used for too many functions? Lessen the load by removing extraneous furniture, so the place has a singular purpose again. Your temporary self-storage unit can keep things out of sight, yet easily accessible.
- Paint the rooms a neutral color. That bright red living room may not be as appealing to strangers as it was to you. Consider repainting rooms in neutral earth tones instead.
- Conduct minor repairs. Have a couple of small holes in the drywall down the hall? Go ahead and repair them, then repaint. Get the “Honey Do” list out and knock some items off it!
- Enhance the home’s curb appeal. Get outside and clean out the gutters, rake up debris, and remove any unsightly toys, boats, broken planters or anything else that distract from the outside appearance. Add some flower pots or make some enhancements with a fresh coat of paint as needed.
Take Advantage of a Self-Storage Facility Near San Mateo to Stage Your Home
Make the most impact and gain high returns for your dollar when staging your home for sale in San Mateo by renting a self-storage unit nearby. Storing extra clutter and personal belongings in a 5A Rent-A-Space unit can take your rooms from ho-hum to wow! We have a variety of sizes to fit your needs. We can even move you in with our free moving van when you rent from us.