Moving During the Holidays? Tips for a Stress-Free Move with Self-Storage and Great Organizational Ideas
The holiday season is a time of family, fun, and food. Days of shopping, wrapping presents, and baking yummy goodies quickly take up your time. If you are moving during the holidays, your holiday cheer can soon turn Grinchy. Adding packing, loading, traveling, unloading, and unpacking to your busy holiday schedule can cause a great deal of stress.
You can have a stress-free move when you utilize the following tips. A 5A Rent-A-Space storage rental near West Maui can free up space and give you breathing room to enjoy the holidays even in the middle of a move.
Suggestions for a Stress-Free and Relaxing Holiday Move with Your Storage Rental
Enjoy your celebrations when you prepare ahead for a stress-free and relaxing holiday move. Instead of getting overwhelmed by a lengthy to-do list, follow these handy suggestions:
- Make Full Use of Your Holiday Cards: As you are writing out holiday wishes in your cards, go ahead and let your family and friends know your new address. If you have little ones, make sure Santa knows you have moved. Make sure they mention it in their letters to the Head Elf.
- Get Your Gift Shopping and Wrapping Done Early: Now is not the time to wait until the last minute to get your shopping done. Take a look at the days to come so you can plan on purchasing and wrapping your presents as soon as possible. You avoid the frustration of trying to locate your scissors, tape, and wrapping paper in the midst of half-packed moving boxes. Remember to grab stocking stuffers, too!
- Turn Up the Tunes: It can feel decidedly unfestive to spend the holidays packing. Turn up your favorite Christmas carols to sing along as you pack boxes and sort through your belongings.
- Limit the Decorations: Resist the temptation to keep up with the neighborhood’s ‘annual decorating contest’. Consider limiting the decorations to your living room. This will make it much easier to take them down and pack them up.
- Check Out Your New Community: If you are moving right before the holidays, check out your new community by driving through the neighborhood looking at the festive lights.
- Take a Break: It is a good idea to take a break even though you may want to unpack throughout the night. Santa’s elves may work right up until the sleigh leaves the North Pole, but you don’t have to! Get your family together, make some cocoa, stock up on cookies, and enjoy a simple celebration of your move.
- Take Advantage of a Self-Storage Unit: Nothing can bring out the Grinch in a person than having too much clutter while trying to move. When you take advantage of the extra space a self-storage unit offers, you keep your home free from the frustration of tripping over packed and half packed boxes.
De-stress your holiday move by renting a storage unit near West Maui. 5A Rent-A-Space has a variety of space sizes to meet your needs. During the months of December & January, we are offering 20% Off our boxes, packing supplies, and glassware boxes with their compartments. Holiday Tip: The small plate covers (bubble wrap envelopes for storing dishes) work wonderfully for storing ornaments. Get some today to pack up your decorations after the holidays in an efficient and organized manner.
We wish you and your family a successful move and a stress-free Holiday Season!
Reserve your self-storage unit online now. Call 5A Rent-A-Space at 808-745-1616 or toll-free at 1-800-5ASPACE (1-800-522-7223) to learn more. Not sure how much space you will need for your items? Use our online Space Calculator to estimate the best unit size for you.
Thanks for sharing the best information and suggestions, I love your content, and they are very nice and very useful to us. If you are looking for the best tour du mont blanc, then visit france outdoors. I appreciate the work you have put into this.ReplyDelete