5 Tips for a Stress Free Move
Moving to a new home or apartment can be a stressful process. It can be taxing on your body as well as your mind. It’s important to have a plan in place to help your move go as smoothly as possible. Here are 5 tips to help you make a stress-free move.
· Clearly label boxes. The quickest way to up your stress level is to not know which room to place each box. Take the labeling one step further by adding a few details concerning the box contents. For example: Instead of just labeling the box Bedroom, write Bedroom: linens or Bedroom: clothes. Also make sure you’re not mix and matching items in each box. Keep Kitchen items in the kitchen boxes and bedroom items in the bedroom boxes.
· Purchase specialized packing materials for fragile items. At AAAAA Rent-A-Space we sell special packing materials and boxes for items like dishes, stemware and mirrors. This will help take away your worry about fragile items breaking. Contact your local 5A Rent-A-Space (Foster City, Moraga, Lahaina) to purchase your needed moving supplies. (www.5aspace.com)
· Keep a box with items you will use immediately in your new home in a place that is easy to access. These items could include toiletries, chargers for laptops and cell phones, a change of clothes, some basic cleaning supplies, and a few dishes/cups/utensils for your first meal.
· Use Comforter or bed linen bags to store clothing for the move. This will protect your clothes from any dust/dirt kicked up while moving, and be easy to move.
· Pack heavy items like books in a rolling suitcase. This will help you transport heavier items without pulling a muscle or breaking a box carrying these items.
For more tips on how to have a stress free move, check out our Moving board on Pinterest. https://www.pinterest.com/5aspace/moving/