Suggested Top Wine Buys
As the summer is winding down, many people are looking to squeeze in a last minute party or potluck to celebrate the end of summer. What do you do when the host/hostess asks you to bring the wine? Instead of staring aimlessly at the shelves of wines at your local grocery store or BevMO, check out these Top 5 lists below. They can make for great standouts to impress your guests or host.
Top 5 Budget Wine List:
- Starborough Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand is a go to budget friendly white wine. It’s crisp, zingy and a refreshing selection during the warm summer months. And at $8.99 on sale at Safeway, you can afford to buy a second bottle to keep for yourself at home.
- Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc is another fantastic budget friendly white wine. Similar tasting notes as Starborough, but with more of a stone fruit taste, it is a wonderful option to share with others. Typically you can find it on sale at Safeway for $12.99 a bottle.
- Allegrini Palazzo Della Torre is a fantastic Italian red blend from the Veneto region of Italy. It is a deep ruby red color with an earthy taste. It’s received consistently high ratings from Wine Spectator the past 3 years and is consistently priced well at Safeway. At $18.99 on sale at selected Safeway stores you can’t beat the purchase price.
- La Marca Prosecco is a fantastic Italian sparkling wine that is consistently at a great price. On sale at Safeway for $14.99 it is an ideal choice when you want to create a bubbly bar for a party, or drink it alone on a special occasion.
- Colosi Sicilia Rosso is another fantastic Italian red wine from Sicily. It’s 100% Nero d’Avola grapes and is a fantastic price at $11.00 a bottle.
Top 5 Splurge Wine List:
- Glorioso Grand Reserva Rioja is a wonderful Spanish red wine. This is worthy of a special occasion with its rich, earthy taste. At $37.99 on sale at selected Safeway stores, you will be glad you spent the money.
- Gossett Champagne is a crowd pleasing champagne. From the champagne region of France, it generally runs $33 - $38 depending on which store you shop. It’s truly a worthwhile purchase when you want to experience a true French Champagne without spending your whole paycheck.
- Artemis by Stags Leap Cellars is how Napa Valley Cabernet should taste. It’s a medium bodied wine a great balance of tannins. It is worth the buy in the $40 - $50 range (depending on where you shop).
- Justification By Justin Wineries is a great red blend of Cab Franc and Merlot. Rich and full bodied with layers of blackberry, plum and cherry, it’s a wonderful wine to enjoy with wine lovers. Generally it’s sold for $50.00 at your local grocery store.
- Isosceles by Justin generally at $72 is a fantastic red blend (Cab, Merlot, Cab Franc) from the Paso Robles area. It’s a full bodied wine with a balance of berry, spice and earthiness. It is definitely worth the buy.
Post a Comment